IT Installations at the Lloyd’s register building
250+ users globally | 40 users in London
Fenchurch Street, London
The client purchased a floor in the Lloyd’s Register building. Our purpose was to manage the IT installations of third-party companies and report back to central IT in Zurich. This occurred whilst the premises were being renovated. Once renovated, we were tasked with the installation of IT equipment.
- Attended site ‘shell’ for initial briefing and notification of project scope
- Help desk tickets created, keeping track of engineer time for each site visit
- Liaised with multiple vendors and the site manager to coordinate deliveries / installations
- Continually notified central IT of progress using live video, pictures, email, phone calls, etc.
- Advised central IT of problems that occurred during installations (and non-technical issues)
- Attended briefings and abided by health and safety rules during renovation
- Organised useful equipment at the previous premises and recycled any items not required
- Used a methodological approach to desk installation of monitors, cables, docking stations, keyboards and mice
- Tested and ‘signed-off’ each desk configuration (including network connectivity, monitors, etc.)
- Works completed during weekends to minimise disruption of the working day
- Regular power cuts due to electrical works
- Problems with deliveries requiring collection from loading bay
- Equipment requiring power cycling during non-working hours / weekends
* images have been modified to obscure any confidential information
Need professional IT support?